Arms haul after interrogating KLO militant
Jalpaiguri: A huge cache of arms and ammunition were on Thursday recovered from the banks of the Sankosh river at India-Bhutan border area, police said here.
300 rounds of bullets, four hand grenades and a sophisticated German-made HKA-33 rifle was recovered from the spot in the district early this morning, Superintendent of Police Amit P Javalgi said.
Javalgi said the arms were recovered after getting tip-offs from Pradip Barman, recently arrested militant leader of Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal