Arms smuggler nabbed from Howrah station
Kolkata: An alleged arms smuggler was arrested with arms and ammunition at the Howrah Railway Station before he could hand over the consignment to a contact, GRP sources said.
The man, Kishan Kumar Sharma, had brought the consignment comprising four country-made pistols, ten rounds of ammunition and four magazines from Munger in Bihar, the sources said.
He was arrested as soon as he got off the Jamalpur Express, they said.
Sharma`s interrogation revealed that the railway station was a transit point from where the arms are supplied to areas around Kolkata and the border with Bangladesh, they said.
The police are looking for the link men to whom the consignment was to be handed over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir