Arms smuggler nabbed from Howrah station
Kolkata: An alleged arms smuggler was arrested with arms and ammunition at the Howrah Railway Station before he could hand over the consignment to a contact, GRP sources said.
The man, Kishan Kumar Sharma, had brought the consignment comprising four country-made pistols, ten rounds of ammunition and four magazines from Munger in Bihar, the sources said.
He was arrested as soon as he got off the Jamalpur Express, they said.
Sharma`s interrogation revealed that the railway station was a transit point from where the arms are supplied to areas around Kolkata and the border with Bangladesh, they said.
The police are looking for the link men to whom the consignment was to be handed over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'