Arms smuggler nabbed from Howrah station
Kolkata: An alleged arms smuggler was arrested with arms and ammunition at the Howrah Railway Station before he could hand over the consignment to a contact, GRP sources said.
The man, Kishan Kumar Sharma, had brought the consignment comprising four country-made pistols, ten rounds of ammunition and four magazines from Munger in Bihar, the sources said.
He was arrested as soon as he got off the Jamalpur Express, they said.
Sharma`s interrogation revealed that the railway station was a transit point from where the arms are supplied to areas around Kolkata and the border with Bangladesh, they said.
The police are looking for the link men to whom the consignment was to be handed over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers