Arrest political leaders for using provocative language: BJP
Kolkata: Demanding immediate arrest of political leaders for spreading hatred and using provocative language, the state BJP on Sunday demanded immediate compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the family members of poll-violence victims.
"We request you to arrest all the political leaders, who are spreading hatred and using provocative language so that the criminals under political patronage can step back," BJP president Rahul Sinha said in a letter written to the West Bengal chief secretary.
Sinha claimed that the "provocative" statements and lectures by ruling party leaders had incited the anti-social elements to create unrest throughout the state.
Sinha blamed the ruling Trinamool Congress for the violent incidents, but at the same time observed that the State Election Commission cannot shake off its responsibility as requests were made to it to take proper security measures in order to curb violence.
Three persons were killed in Murshidabad district today, taking the toll in the poll-related violence in West Bengal to 10. Three persons were killed in the second phase of the poll and four in the third phase.
"We also demand a compensation of at least Rs 10 lakh to families of the each deceased besides expense for treatment and a minimum compensation of Rs two lakh each to the persons who are hospitalised and a minimum of Rs 25,000-50,000 to the injured depending on the injury," the letter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what