Arrest political leaders for using provocative language: BJP
Kolkata: Demanding immediate arrest of political leaders for spreading hatred and using provocative language, the state BJP on Sunday demanded immediate compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the family members of poll-violence victims.
"We request you to arrest all the political leaders, who are spreading hatred and using provocative language so that the criminals under political patronage can step back," BJP president Rahul Sinha said in a letter written to the West Bengal chief secretary.
Sinha claimed that the "provocative" statements and lectures by ruling party leaders had incited the anti-social elements to create unrest throughout the state.
Sinha blamed the ruling Trinamool Congress for the violent incidents, but at the same time observed that the State Election Commission cannot shake off its responsibility as requests were made to it to take proper security measures in order to curb violence.
Three persons were killed in Murshidabad district today, taking the toll in the poll-related violence in West Bengal to 10. Three persons were killed in the second phase of the poll and four in the third phase.
"We also demand a compensation of at least Rs 10 lakh to families of the each deceased besides expense for treatment and a minimum compensation of Rs two lakh each to the persons who are hospitalised and a minimum of Rs 25,000-50,000 to the injured depending on the injury," the letter said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information