Arun Mishra joins as new Chief Justice of Calcutta HC
New Delhi: Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Justice Arun Mishra was on Wednesday moved to the Calcutta High Court in the same capacity.
A Law Ministry statement said his new assignment will begin with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
Meanwhile, additional judge Justice Arvind Kumar of the Karnataka High Court was elevated as permanent judge of the same court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing