Arun Mishra joins as new Chief Justice of Calcutta HC
New Delhi: Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Justice Arun Mishra was on Wednesday moved to the Calcutta High Court in the same capacity.
A Law Ministry statement said his new assignment will begin with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
Meanwhile, additional judge Justice Arvind Kumar of the Karnataka High Court was elevated as permanent judge of the same court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title