`Assaulted` medical student asked to meet CM
Burdwan: The student of Burdwan Medical College and Hospital, who had lodged a complaint that he was assaulted by his seniors, was asked to meet Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police sources here said.
The third year student, Prasenjit Parbat, lodged a complaint with Uluberia police station that his seniors had beaten him up fearing that he might pass information on the assault on journalists by junior doctors on March 28 in the hospital premises, the sources said.
The student`s family was contacted by the Uluberia police station and was asked to meet the CM at her Kalighat residence in Kolkata at 10 am on Monday, the sources said.
Parbat left the medical college hostel and went home in Uluberia and lodged the police complaint on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt