Assembly goes dark during Power Minister`s reply
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly on Wednesday plunged into darkness when Power Minister Manish Gupta was replying during Question Hour.
Congress member Asit Mitra asked about the progress of Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyut Yojana in the state when the lights went off as soon as Gupta stood up and started to answer.
Congress members, who entered the House wearing helmets, but removed them on the Speaker`s insistence, then staged a walkout and the Speaker adjourned the House for a brief period.
On congregation after the adjournment, Parliamentary Affairs and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee said there was something fishy about the incident since the Assembly was given dedicated power supply. He urged the Speaker to order a probe into the matter which was immediately conceded.
Banerjee asked the special secretary of the Assembly to inquire into the incident and submit a report in seven days.
The Congress members again staged a walkout when an adjournment motion on higher power tariff charged by the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Limited moved by them was not allowed for a discussion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan