Assistants of former CPI(M) ministers summoned for questioning
Kolkata: The assistants of two former CPI(M) ministers have been summoned by the Bidhanagar police for questioning in the Saradha chitfund scam.
"We have summoned Ganesh De, PA to former finance minister Asim Dasgupta and Anjan Bhattacharya, CA to former housing minister Gautam Deb, for questioning," Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) of the Bidhannagar city police Arnab Ghosh said today.
Two employees of the Saradha group were also being interrogated, Ghosh said.
About Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen, he said "We are verifying his statements given from time to time since his remand in police custody by the court."
To a question, Ghosh said that two bank accounts of arrested Saradha director Debjani Mukherjee were being verified.
"We have found a lot of evidence but they can`t be divulged at this stage of investigation," he added.
To another question, he said that Saradha agents had heated altercations and even threatened Sudipta Sen at a meeting in Salt Lake recently.
Sen had assured the agents that everything would be resolved by April 16, but he fled before the deadline set by him.
He said that top developers met Sen and Debjani at a banquet in a shopping mall in Salt Lake in mid-February where also altercations took place over problems in payments.
"Both Sen and Debjani assured them that there were false campaigns and everything would be all right," Ghosh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video