Auto drivers attack photo journalist with a razor
Kolkata: A photojournalist of a Bengali daily was allegedly assaulted and attacked with a razor by a group of auto-drivers after he intervened when one of them purportedly misbehaved with a woman passenger in neighbouring North 24 Parganas district Saturday, police said.
"The photojournalist, Joy Saha, alleged that after he intervened when the driver misbehaved with the passenger in Dum Dum area, a group of drivers assaulted him. He was also attacked with a razor, which did not cause any physical injury, but tore his shirt," said officer-in-charge of Dum Dum police station Prabir Chatterjee.
Following Saha`s complaint, drivers Biju Saha and Bisheswar Das were arrested.
Saha was also arrested following a counter complaint filed by the auto driver.
All three were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore