Auto drivers attack photo journalist with a razor
Kolkata: A photojournalist of a Bengali daily was allegedly assaulted and attacked with a razor by a group of auto-drivers after he intervened when one of them purportedly misbehaved with a woman passenger in neighbouring North 24 Parganas district Saturday, police said.
"The photojournalist, Joy Saha, alleged that after he intervened when the driver misbehaved with the passenger in Dum Dum area, a group of drivers assaulted him. He was also attacked with a razor, which did not cause any physical injury, but tore his shirt," said officer-in-charge of Dum Dum police station Prabir Chatterjee.
Following Saha`s complaint, drivers Biju Saha and Bisheswar Das were arrested.
Saha was also arrested following a counter complaint filed by the auto driver.
All three were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister