Auto drivers attack photo journalist with a razor
Kolkata: A photojournalist of a Bengali daily was allegedly assaulted and attacked with a razor by a group of auto-drivers after he intervened when one of them purportedly misbehaved with a woman passenger in neighbouring North 24 Parganas district Saturday, police said.
"The photojournalist, Joy Saha, alleged that after he intervened when the driver misbehaved with the passenger in Dum Dum area, a group of drivers assaulted him. He was also attacked with a razor, which did not cause any physical injury, but tore his shirt," said officer-in-charge of Dum Dum police station Prabir Chatterjee.
Following Saha`s complaint, drivers Biju Saha and Bisheswar Das were arrested.
Saha was also arrested following a counter complaint filed by the auto driver.
All three were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event