Auto drivers attack photo journalist with a razor
Kolkata: A photojournalist of a Bengali daily was allegedly assaulted and attacked with a razor by a group of auto-drivers after he intervened when one of them purportedly misbehaved with a woman passenger in neighbouring North 24 Parganas district Saturday, police said.
"The photojournalist, Joy Saha, alleged that after he intervened when the driver misbehaved with the passenger in Dum Dum area, a group of drivers assaulted him. He was also attacked with a razor, which did not cause any physical injury, but tore his shirt," said officer-in-charge of Dum Dum police station Prabir Chatterjee.
Following Saha`s complaint, drivers Biju Saha and Bisheswar Das were arrested.
Saha was also arrested following a counter complaint filed by the auto driver.
All three were later released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini