AVP opposes GJM`s demand for inclusion of Dooars
Siliguri: The Adivasi Vikash Parishad was opposed to the inclusion of the Dooars and the Terai in the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration in Darjeeling and would submit a memorandum to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressing its opposition.
A 12-point memorandum would be submitted to the chief minister when she arrives on a visit to Malbazar in Jalpaiguri district on October 12, AVP state secretary, Tej Kumar Toppo
The memorandum would demand sixth schedule status for the Dooars and Terai and withdrawal of all pending criminal cases against AVP and Bodoland Peoples Forum leaders and
supporters, Toppo said.
This was decided at a meeting between the AVP and BPF at Hashimara yesterday, he said.
AVP state president, Birsa Tirkey that AVP and BPF were opposed to the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha`s demand for inclusion of areas of Dooars and Terai in the GTA since adivasis, bodos, totos, garos and mechs were sons of the soil and there was no logic in the GJM`s demand.
BPF leader, Atul Subba said "we will submit our demand to the CM first before going for a movement."
The chief minister is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of a school named after Pandit Raghunath Murmu at Santali under Kalchini block of Jalpaiguri district in the Dooars on October 12, the third day of her trip to north Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister