AVP opposes GJM`s demand for inclusion of Dooars
Siliguri: The Adivasi Vikash Parishad was opposed to the inclusion of the Dooars and the Terai in the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration in Darjeeling and would submit a memorandum to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee expressing its opposition.
A 12-point memorandum would be submitted to the chief minister when she arrives on a visit to Malbazar in Jalpaiguri district on October 12, AVP state secretary, Tej Kumar Toppo
The memorandum would demand sixth schedule status for the Dooars and Terai and withdrawal of all pending criminal cases against AVP and Bodoland Peoples Forum leaders and
supporters, Toppo said.
This was decided at a meeting between the AVP and BPF at Hashimara yesterday, he said.
AVP state president, Birsa Tirkey that AVP and BPF were opposed to the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha`s demand for inclusion of areas of Dooars and Terai in the GTA since adivasis, bodos, totos, garos and mechs were sons of the soil and there was no logic in the GJM`s demand.
BPF leader, Atul Subba said "we will submit our demand to the CM first before going for a movement."
The chief minister is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of a school named after Pandit Raghunath Murmu at Santali under Kalchini block of Jalpaiguri district in the Dooars on October 12, the third day of her trip to north Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka