Baba Ramdev`s followers on fast in Kolkata
Kolkata: Coinciding with Ramdev`s three-day fast in Delhi, five organisations including Bharat Swabhiman and Patanjali Yoga Samiti on Thursday launched a token hunger-strike here in support of the yoga guru`s demands.
"Our demand is to bring change in the present system, end corruption and take steps to bring back black money stashed away abroad," Sajal Nag, spokesman for the five organisations, said here.
Nag said the nine-hour hunger-strike would continue till 6:00 pm.
The protesters shouted slogans against the government`s alleged indifference to corrupt practices, tougher steps to end the evil and steps for bringing black money stashed away in foreign banks.
The protesters criticised the Delhi police for the midnight crackdown on a rally by Ramdev at the Ramlila Maidan on June 6 last year.
The other organisations were Yuva Bharat, Kisan Panchayat and Mahila Patanjali Yoga Samiti.
Police were deployed near the venue of fasting at Metro channel in Esplanade area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video