Baba Ramdev`s followers on fast in Kolkata
Kolkata: Coinciding with Ramdev`s three-day fast in Delhi, five organisations including Bharat Swabhiman and Patanjali Yoga Samiti on Thursday launched a token hunger-strike here in support of the yoga guru`s demands.
"Our demand is to bring change in the present system, end corruption and take steps to bring back black money stashed away abroad," Sajal Nag, spokesman for the five organisations, said here.
Nag said the nine-hour hunger-strike would continue till 6:00 pm.
The protesters shouted slogans against the government`s alleged indifference to corrupt practices, tougher steps to end the evil and steps for bringing black money stashed away in foreign banks.
The protesters criticised the Delhi police for the midnight crackdown on a rally by Ramdev at the Ramlila Maidan on June 6 last year.
The other organisations were Yuva Bharat, Kisan Panchayat and Mahila Patanjali Yoga Samiti.
Police were deployed near the venue of fasting at Metro channel in Esplanade area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan