Babul Supriyo meet Shyam SEL Power officials in Burdwan
Kolkata: BJP MP from Asansol Babul Supriyo on Sunday visited Shyam SEL Power Ltd in Burdwan district, whose management had complained of receiving ransom and threat calls from Trinamool Congress activists.
In an apparent bid to reap political mileage, the singer-turned-politician met the officials of the company, located at Jamuria, and urged factory workers to cooperate with the management.
"This group has invested here and is trying to expand... I will ask the workers to concentrate in their work forgetting their political colour because the profit of the company will be their true colour," Supriyo said after the meeting.
Last week, senior officials of the company had lodged a complaint with the Jamuria police alleging that they had received ransom and threat calls from TMC activists, forcing them to hire local workers on contract.
The ruling TMC after conducting an inquiry suspended and show-caused three of its leaders, asking them to reply to the notice within five days.
TMC supremo and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had yesterday described the whole incident as "a one-sided false propaganda which has no link with reality".
"This is a one-sided false propaganda which has no link with reality. I personally enquired into the matter and found that somebody was trying to grab the state government`s land," Banerjee had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player