Bagdogra airport to have night landing facility
Kolkata: Bagdogra airport, the lone airport
in North Bengal, will soon have night landing facility.
"Bagdogra will be equipped with CAT 3 night vision
facility that will enable pilots to have clear visibility of
50 metre at night," Transport Secretary Sumantra Chowdhury
said here today.
He said the state government would provide 23 acres of
land to the Airport Authority of India free of cost.
Out of the total area, the state government would keep
under its possession nine acre, while the rest would be
acquired by AAI. The cost of the land would be Rs 84 lakh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam