Bagdogra airport to have night landing facility
Kolkata: Bagdogra airport, the lone airport
in North Bengal, will soon have night landing facility.
"Bagdogra will be equipped with CAT 3 night vision
facility that will enable pilots to have clear visibility of
50 metre at night," Transport Secretary Sumantra Chowdhury
said here today.
He said the state government would provide 23 acres of
land to the Airport Authority of India free of cost.
Out of the total area, the state government would keep
under its possession nine acre, while the rest would be
acquired by AAI. The cost of the land would be Rs 84 lakh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!