Bagdogra airport to have night landing facility
Kolkata: Bagdogra airport, the lone airport
in North Bengal, will soon have night landing facility.
"Bagdogra will be equipped with CAT 3 night vision
facility that will enable pilots to have clear visibility of
50 metre at night," Transport Secretary Sumantra Chowdhury
said here today.
He said the state government would provide 23 acres of
land to the Airport Authority of India free of cost.
Out of the total area, the state government would keep
under its possession nine acre, while the rest would be
acquired by AAI. The cost of the land would be Rs 84 lakh,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price