Bail prayer of AMRI hospital director rejected
Kolkata: A city court on Friday rejected the
bail prayer of RS Agarwal, one of the directors of AMRI
hospital, where a devastating fire in December claimed 93
The district judge of Alipore court rejected the bail
prayer of Agarwal, who has been in hospital on grounds of ill
health since the fire at the hospital on December 9.
The director, who was in a private hospital earlier,
was later admitted to state-run SSKM Hospital on orders of the
Agarwal had prayed for bail claiming that he was ill
and needed better treatment, alleging that such facilities
were not available at the state-run facility.
But the prosecution objected to it, saying that SSKM was
the state`s top referral hospital and a medical board had been
formed to look into his health issues.
The prosecution said if he was granted bail at this stage,
it may affect the investigation in the case.
Six other directors and two officials of AMRI Hospital
are in judicial custody. All of them have been accused of
culpable homicide not amounting to murder and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa