Bail prayer of AMRI hospital director rejected
Kolkata: A city court on Friday rejected the
bail prayer of RS Agarwal, one of the directors of AMRI
hospital, where a devastating fire in December claimed 93
The district judge of Alipore court rejected the bail
prayer of Agarwal, who has been in hospital on grounds of ill
health since the fire at the hospital on December 9.
The director, who was in a private hospital earlier,
was later admitted to state-run SSKM Hospital on orders of the
Agarwal had prayed for bail claiming that he was ill
and needed better treatment, alleging that such facilities
were not available at the state-run facility.
But the prosecution objected to it, saying that SSKM was
the state`s top referral hospital and a medical board had been
formed to look into his health issues.
The prosecution said if he was granted bail at this stage,
it may affect the investigation in the case.
Six other directors and two officials of AMRI Hospital
are in judicial custody. All of them have been accused of
culpable homicide not amounting to murder and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH