Bail prayer of AMRI hospital director rejected
Kolkata: A city court on Friday rejected the
bail prayer of RS Agarwal, one of the directors of AMRI
hospital, where a devastating fire in December claimed 93
The district judge of Alipore court rejected the bail
prayer of Agarwal, who has been in hospital on grounds of ill
health since the fire at the hospital on December 9.
The director, who was in a private hospital earlier,
was later admitted to state-run SSKM Hospital on orders of the
Agarwal had prayed for bail claiming that he was ill
and needed better treatment, alleging that such facilities
were not available at the state-run facility.
But the prosecution objected to it, saying that SSKM was
the state`s top referral hospital and a medical board had been
formed to look into his health issues.
The prosecution said if he was granted bail at this stage,
it may affect the investigation in the case.
Six other directors and two officials of AMRI Hospital
are in judicial custody. All of them have been accused of
culpable homicide not amounting to murder and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH