Bail prayer of AMRI hospital director rejected
Kolkata: A city court on Friday rejected the
bail prayer of RS Agarwal, one of the directors of AMRI
hospital, where a devastating fire in December claimed 93
The district judge of Alipore court rejected the bail
prayer of Agarwal, who has been in hospital on grounds of ill
health since the fire at the hospital on December 9.
The director, who was in a private hospital earlier,
was later admitted to state-run SSKM Hospital on orders of the
Agarwal had prayed for bail claiming that he was ill
and needed better treatment, alleging that such facilities
were not available at the state-run facility.
But the prosecution objected to it, saying that SSKM was
the state`s top referral hospital and a medical board had been
formed to look into his health issues.
The prosecution said if he was granted bail at this stage,
it may affect the investigation in the case.
Six other directors and two officials of AMRI Hospital
are in judicial custody. All of them have been accused of
culpable homicide not amounting to murder and negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016