Bandh hits normal life in Siliguri
Siliguri: Normal life was hit on Saturday as a 24-hour bandh called by Bangla-o-Bangla Bhasa Bachaon Samiti began in Siliguri sub-division of Darjeeling district.
Shops, markets, business establishments and educational institutions mostly remained closed and private vehicles were off the roads since 6 am, the police said.
Attendance in government offices has been thin, officials said.
The bandh call was given to protest against the sixth round of tripartite talks between Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), Centre and the state government in New Delhi today,
president of the samity Mukunda Majumder said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read