Bangladesh to free 72 Indian fishermen
Kolkata: Altogether 72 fishermen, who were held in Bangladesh for violation of the international water boundary, were likely to return tomorrow, West Bengal Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim said on Tuesday.
The matter has been settled through negotiation between the two countries and the intervention of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
The fishermen were detained there for some time after they strayed into Bangladesh territory due to cyclonic weather.
The matter was heard by a local court there, Hakim said, adding that they were ultimately released.
"They are now ready for return to their homeland," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday