Banner, posters on track, train services hit on SER section
Kolkata: Train services in the South
Eastern Railway`s Khargpur-Tatanagar section was suspended
after the driver of a goods train spotted a red banner across
the tracks and some posters between Jhargram and Khatkura
SER sources said the driver halted his train at KM 156
between Jhargram and Khatkura suspecting that the banner and
posters have been placed by the Maoists.
Train services in the section were suspended as a
precautionary measure after the driver reported the matter to
the control room, they said.
The Bhubaneswar-Delhi Rajdhani was stationed at
Kharagpur, while the Delhi-Puri Neelachal Express and the
Ahmedabad-Howrah Express were stopped at Gidhni.
Operation of night train services in the section has
been suspended after the Jnaneswari Express disaster on May 28
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference