Banner, posters on track, train services hit on SER section
Kolkata: Train services in the South
Eastern Railway`s Khargpur-Tatanagar section was suspended
after the driver of a goods train spotted a red banner across
the tracks and some posters between Jhargram and Khatkura
SER sources said the driver halted his train at KM 156
between Jhargram and Khatkura suspecting that the banner and
posters have been placed by the Maoists.
Train services in the section were suspended as a
precautionary measure after the driver reported the matter to
the control room, they said.
The Bhubaneswar-Delhi Rajdhani was stationed at
Kharagpur, while the Delhi-Puri Neelachal Express and the
Ahmedabad-Howrah Express were stopped at Gidhni.
Operation of night train services in the section has
been suspended after the Jnaneswari Express disaster on May 28
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?