Bansal, Ashwani have mud on their faces: Trinamool
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress Saturday said Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, who from the union cabinet resigned a day earlier, have "mud on their faces".
Trinamool MP and former union minister Sougata Ray said the duo`s resignation has come "a little late".
Saying that his party had sought action against the two ministers, as it was "opposed to all issues regarding corruption", Roy said: "They have resigned, albeit a little late, without grace and with mud on their face".
Bansal and Ashwani Kumar resigned from the respective posts Friday night.
While Bansal`s nephew was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly taking a bribe for the appointment of a member of the Railway Board, Ashwani Kumar had come under attack after the Supreme Court was told that he had vetted the CBI report on the allocation of coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!