Bansal, Ashwani have mud on their faces: Trinamool
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress Saturday said Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, who from the union cabinet resigned a day earlier, have "mud on their faces".
Trinamool MP and former union minister Sougata Ray said the duo`s resignation has come "a little late".
Saying that his party had sought action against the two ministers, as it was "opposed to all issues regarding corruption", Roy said: "They have resigned, albeit a little late, without grace and with mud on their face".
Bansal and Ashwani Kumar resigned from the respective posts Friday night.
While Bansal`s nephew was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly taking a bribe for the appointment of a member of the Railway Board, Ashwani Kumar had come under attack after the Supreme Court was told that he had vetted the CBI report on the allocation of coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs