Barasat rape case: Court asks CID to submit complete chargesheet
Barasat: A fast track court on Wednesday took the CID to task for submitting an incomplete chargesheet in the Kamduni gang-rape and murder case, questioning as to why the forensic report and name of three more accused were not mentioned in it.
Judge Arpan Chattopadhyay took exception to the incomplete chargesheet submitted by CID and asked it to submit the complete charge sheet so that trial in the gang-rape and murder case could begin tomorrow.
The fast track court was set up to try the accused in the gangrape and brutal murder of a college girl at Kamduni village on June seven.
Six accused were today taken to the court, as a large group of village women of Kamduni staged demonstration outside demanding speedy trial and death sentence to the accused.
A large police team was posted outside the court premises to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof