Barasat rape case: Court asks CID to submit complete chargesheet
Barasat: A fast track court on Wednesday took the CID to task for submitting an incomplete chargesheet in the Kamduni gang-rape and murder case, questioning as to why the forensic report and name of three more accused were not mentioned in it.
Judge Arpan Chattopadhyay took exception to the incomplete chargesheet submitted by CID and asked it to submit the complete charge sheet so that trial in the gang-rape and murder case could begin tomorrow.
The fast track court was set up to try the accused in the gangrape and brutal murder of a college girl at Kamduni village on June seven.
Six accused were today taken to the court, as a large group of village women of Kamduni staged demonstration outside demanding speedy trial and death sentence to the accused.
A large police team was posted outside the court premises to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere