Be `careful` in making statements: Guha to Left leaders
Coochbehar: Forward Bloc leader Udayan Guha on Saturday slammed certain Left leaders for making "rotten" statements" and advised them to be "careful", after two CPI(M) leaders came in for criticism for their controversial remarks.
"Few leaders of our front are again making rotten statements. Such utterances had not been accepted by the people. We have to be careful now," Guha, the state secretariat member of FB, said at the party`s district conference here.
Guha, who is also the district unit secretary, called upon big partner CPI(M) to not show "dadagiri" and work towards fostering total unity in the run-up to the panchayat polls.
"Total Left unity before panchayat polls had been elusive in Coochbehar district since 1978. This time we are working towards it, but please no dadagiri," he said.
CPI(M) leader Anisur Rehman had recently used derogatory words against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Rehman`s remarks, made during a public meeting in Howrah`s Shyampur, had triggered outrage.
Party`s former minister and Canning East MLA Abdul Rezzak Mollah had also allegedly used offensive statements against the PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!