Be `careful` in making statements: Guha to Left leaders
Coochbehar: Forward Bloc leader Udayan Guha on Saturday slammed certain Left leaders for making "rotten" statements" and advised them to be "careful", after two CPI(M) leaders came in for criticism for their controversial remarks.
"Few leaders of our front are again making rotten statements. Such utterances had not been accepted by the people. We have to be careful now," Guha, the state secretariat member of FB, said at the party`s district conference here.
Guha, who is also the district unit secretary, called upon big partner CPI(M) to not show "dadagiri" and work towards fostering total unity in the run-up to the panchayat polls.
"Total Left unity before panchayat polls had been elusive in Coochbehar district since 1978. This time we are working towards it, but please no dadagiri," he said.
CPI(M) leader Anisur Rehman had recently used derogatory words against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Rehman`s remarks, made during a public meeting in Howrah`s Shyampur, had triggered outrage.
Party`s former minister and Canning East MLA Abdul Rezzak Mollah had also allegedly used offensive statements against the PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore