Bengal Assembly to have one-day session on July 27
Kolkata: A one-day session of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly would be convened on July 27 to pass the state budget, state parliamentary affairs minister Partha Chatterjee said in Kolkata on Wednesday.
"The session will be convened on July 27 as the budget has to be passed. We have got the Governor`s consent to this effect," Chatterjee told reporters after the state cabinet meeting.
An all-party meeting would be convened by Speaker Biman Banerjee on July 26, he said.
Asked about the proposed Rs 500 crore relief fund earlier announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for investors allegedly duped by the Saradha group, he said it would be discussed after the panchayat elections.
Banerjee had stated that the government would set up a Rs 500 crore relief fund for the affected small and medium investors of Saradha group. Their names will be recommended by the commission of inquiry which has been set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!