Bengal Assembly to have one-day session on July 27
Kolkata: A one-day session of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly would be convened on July 27 to pass the state budget, state parliamentary affairs minister Partha Chatterjee said in Kolkata on Wednesday.
"The session will be convened on July 27 as the budget has to be passed. We have got the Governor`s consent to this effect," Chatterjee told reporters after the state cabinet meeting.
An all-party meeting would be convened by Speaker Biman Banerjee on July 26, he said.
Asked about the proposed Rs 500 crore relief fund earlier announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for investors allegedly duped by the Saradha group, he said it would be discussed after the panchayat elections.
Banerjee had stated that the government would set up a Rs 500 crore relief fund for the affected small and medium investors of Saradha group. Their names will be recommended by the commission of inquiry which has been set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test