Bengal Assembly to have one-day session on July 27
Kolkata: A one-day session of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly would be convened on July 27 to pass the state budget, state parliamentary affairs minister Partha Chatterjee said in Kolkata on Wednesday.
"The session will be convened on July 27 as the budget has to be passed. We have got the Governor`s consent to this effect," Chatterjee told reporters after the state cabinet meeting.
An all-party meeting would be convened by Speaker Biman Banerjee on July 26, he said.
Asked about the proposed Rs 500 crore relief fund earlier announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for investors allegedly duped by the Saradha group, he said it would be discussed after the panchayat elections.
Banerjee had stated that the government would set up a Rs 500 crore relief fund for the affected small and medium investors of Saradha group. Their names will be recommended by the commission of inquiry which has been set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire