Bengal Assembly to have one-day session on July 27
Kolkata: A one-day session of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly would be convened on July 27 to pass the state budget, state parliamentary affairs minister Partha Chatterjee said in Kolkata on Wednesday.
"The session will be convened on July 27 as the budget has to be passed. We have got the Governor`s consent to this effect," Chatterjee told reporters after the state cabinet meeting.
An all-party meeting would be convened by Speaker Biman Banerjee on July 26, he said.
Asked about the proposed Rs 500 crore relief fund earlier announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for investors allegedly duped by the Saradha group, he said it would be discussed after the panchayat elections.
Banerjee had stated that the government would set up a Rs 500 crore relief fund for the affected small and medium investors of Saradha group. Their names will be recommended by the commission of inquiry which has been set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users