Bengal Assembly to have one-day session on July 27
Kolkata: A one-day session of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly would be convened on July 27 to pass the state budget, state parliamentary affairs minister Partha Chatterjee said in Kolkata on Wednesday.
"The session will be convened on July 27 as the budget has to be passed. We have got the Governor`s consent to this effect," Chatterjee told reporters after the state cabinet meeting.
An all-party meeting would be convened by Speaker Biman Banerjee on July 26, he said.
Asked about the proposed Rs 500 crore relief fund earlier announced by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for investors allegedly duped by the Saradha group, he said it would be discussed after the panchayat elections.
Banerjee had stated that the government would set up a Rs 500 crore relief fund for the affected small and medium investors of Saradha group. Their names will be recommended by the commission of inquiry which has been set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids