Bengal Chamber asks Shipping Min to intervene on HBT exit
Kolkata: Concerned that the exit of Haldia Bulk Terminals from West Bengal would be detrimental to the state`s image, the Bengal Chamber has urged Shipping Minister GK Vasan to intervene and resolve the issue.
"This will not only adversely impact the future operations at Haldia, but more importantly the image of the state...We urge you to call the affected party`s representatives with a positive stance to resolve their concerns," Bengal Chamber President Kallol Datta said in a letter to Vasan.
Copies of the letter were sent to the Kolkata Port Trust, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee, HBT CEO Gurpreet Malhi and ABG Infra Managing Director Saket Agarwal.
On October 31, HBT, jointly promoted by ABG group of India and French logistics company LDA, announced immediate exit from Haldia port citing unsafe work conditions.
Problems were brewing at the Haldia Dock Complex, run by Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT), after berth operator HBT sacked 275 employees last month on the ground that there was surplus staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation