Bengal Christian schools closed to protest vandalism
Kolkata: All Christian Missionary schools across West Bengal on Thursday remained closed in protest against the ransacking of the Christ Church Girls` High School last week and observed a "black day".
A police picket was posted in front of the Christ Church School at Dum Dum where an 11-year-old student died on September 11 allegedly after being detained inside a toilet of the school by her seniors.
Rev Abir Adhikari, honorary secretary, Diocese of Calcutta, said, "All Christian schools are today closed across the state. The students and gurdians have cooperated with us in oganising the shutdown."
Archbishop Thomas D`Souza, head of the Roman Catholic Church of the Kolkata Diocese and head of West Bengal Association of Christian Schools, on September 16 had announced the shutdown.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets