Bengal Congress leaders meet Antony, complains about TMC violence
Kolkata: Sending a strong message that the party doesn`t need any alliance with the Trinamool Congress in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state Congress leaders today met Defence Minister AK Antony and complained him about alleged Trinamool violence on party workers.
"We have told Antony that the state Congress leadership doesn`t want any alliance with the Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha elections. The high command should understand the feelings of our leaders," said a senior state Congress leader not wishing to be named.
Antony has assured that he would convey the concerns of the state leadership to the party high command, the leader claimed.
State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya along with other state leaders today met Antony, who was in the city to attend a program, and registered their grievances about alleged TMC violence on Congress supporters across the state.
"We have informed Antony about all issues of the state including violence on Congress supporters by Trinamool and poaching of our leaders and supporters," Bhattacharya said.
Of late, the Congress state unit has been plagued by exodus of party leaders, MLAs and supporters to the Trinamool Congress, which the party leadership failed to contain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users