Bengal Congress leaders meet Antony, complains about TMC violence
Kolkata: Sending a strong message that the party doesn`t need any alliance with the Trinamool Congress in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state Congress leaders today met Defence Minister AK Antony and complained him about alleged Trinamool violence on party workers.
"We have told Antony that the state Congress leadership doesn`t want any alliance with the Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha elections. The high command should understand the feelings of our leaders," said a senior state Congress leader not wishing to be named.
Antony has assured that he would convey the concerns of the state leadership to the party high command, the leader claimed.
State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya along with other state leaders today met Antony, who was in the city to attend a program, and registered their grievances about alleged TMC violence on Congress supporters across the state.
"We have informed Antony about all issues of the state including violence on Congress supporters by Trinamool and poaching of our leaders and supporters," Bhattacharya said.
Of late, the Congress state unit has been plagued by exodus of party leaders, MLAs and supporters to the Trinamool Congress, which the party leadership failed to contain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof