Bengal Congress leaders meet Antony, complains about TMC violence
Kolkata: Sending a strong message that the party doesn`t need any alliance with the Trinamool Congress in the coming Lok Sabha elections, state Congress leaders today met Defence Minister AK Antony and complained him about alleged Trinamool violence on party workers.
"We have told Antony that the state Congress leadership doesn`t want any alliance with the Trinamool in the next Lok Sabha elections. The high command should understand the feelings of our leaders," said a senior state Congress leader not wishing to be named.
Antony has assured that he would convey the concerns of the state leadership to the party high command, the leader claimed.
State Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya along with other state leaders today met Antony, who was in the city to attend a program, and registered their grievances about alleged TMC violence on Congress supporters across the state.
"We have informed Antony about all issues of the state including violence on Congress supporters by Trinamool and poaching of our leaders and supporters," Bhattacharya said.
Of late, the Congress state unit has been plagued by exodus of party leaders, MLAs and supporters to the Trinamool Congress, which the party leadership failed to contain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'