Bengal Congress protests against Mamata Banerjee`s comments
Kolkata: Members of the legal cell of West Bengal Congress on Thursday demonstrated outside the Calcutta High court protesting against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s comments against the Judiciary.
The demonstrators said that they were protesting against the anti-Judiciary comments of Banerjee because those were not in good taste.
The Congress in West Bengal also took exception to Banerjee`s August 14 utterances, saying such remarks by a chief minister against the Judiciary, which is a constitutional body, were not desirable.
WBPCC vice-president Debabrata Basu said, "She should not have made such comments. Pradesh Congress does not see it in good light".
Banerjee had stated in the Assembly, "What I am seeing, many court judgements are today delivered in return of money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters