Bengal CRPF camp attack suspect held in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: In a joint operation, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal Police arrested suspected Maoist Shyam Charan Tudu, wanted in the 2010 attack on a CRPF camp in West Bengal`s Midnapore, from Coimbatore, police said Sunday.
"He was arrested at his residence around midnight yesterday (Saturday). The West Bengal Police, which had a tip off, sought our cooperation in the operation," Coimbatore Police Commissioner A.K. Viswanathan told IANS over phone Sunday.
He said Tudu will be taken to West Bengal on a transit remand.
"Some people from Tudu`s village in West Bengal including his brother are working in Coimbatore. The investigation is on as to Tudu`s local contacts," Viswanathan said.
Tudu was working in a foundry unit in Coimbatore, around 500 km from here, since last year. Labourers from West Bengal, Bihar and Odisha are employed in sizeable numbers in Coimbatore.
In 2010, a gang of Maoists, allegedly led by Tudu, attacked the Central Reserve Police Force camp in Sialda, killing 24 troopers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015