Bengal govt behind panchayat imbroglio: Biman
Jalpaiguri (WB): West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Thursday blamed West Bengal government for creating the imbroglio over panchayat polls in the state.
"State government is fully responsible for creating this impasse surrounding the panchayat polls as Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee does not want the rural polls to be held now," Bose told media at the party office here.
State government wanted to hold panchayat polls last year before the tenure of the elected panchayat bodies ended, he said.
"But, Left Front always wanted timely, free and fair panchayat polls," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!