Bengal govt behind panchayat imbroglio: Biman
Jalpaiguri (WB): West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Thursday blamed West Bengal government for creating the imbroglio over panchayat polls in the state.
"State government is fully responsible for creating this impasse surrounding the panchayat polls as Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee does not want the rural polls to be held now," Bose told media at the party office here.
State government wanted to hold panchayat polls last year before the tenure of the elected panchayat bodies ended, he said.
"But, Left Front always wanted timely, free and fair panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country