Bengal govt behind panchayat imbroglio: Biman
Jalpaiguri (WB): West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose on Thursday blamed West Bengal government for creating the imbroglio over panchayat polls in the state.
"State government is fully responsible for creating this impasse surrounding the panchayat polls as Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee does not want the rural polls to be held now," Bose told media at the party office here.
State government wanted to hold panchayat polls last year before the tenure of the elected panchayat bodies ended, he said.
"But, Left Front always wanted timely, free and fair panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship