Bengal govt identifies 9 lakh acres for land bank
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has identified nine lakh acres for a land bank which would be created for setting up industries.
"The government has identified nine lakh acres for land bank to be used for industrial development of the state", Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee told an interactive session organised by the Bengal National Chamber of Commerce
here on Monday.
Assuring land was not an issue for setting up industries in the state; Chatterjee said entrepreneurs holding excess land above the ceiling limit should disclose the information to the government.
"There are many individuals who are holding land above the ceiling, but not disclosing it. It is creating problem for the government", he said. In the last nine months, the minister said, 84 proposals valued at more than Rs 65,000 crore were received by the government.
He urged the industry to go to far flung areas for setting up units and avail fiscal incentives. The state industry department in collaboration with the Centre would set up a jute research hub in Coochbehar, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi