Bengal govt identifies 9 lakh acres for land bank
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has identified nine lakh acres for a land bank which would be created for setting up industries.
"The government has identified nine lakh acres for land bank to be used for industrial development of the state", Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee told an interactive session organised by the Bengal National Chamber of Commerce
here on Monday.
Assuring land was not an issue for setting up industries in the state; Chatterjee said entrepreneurs holding excess land above the ceiling limit should disclose the information to the government.
"There are many individuals who are holding land above the ceiling, but not disclosing it. It is creating problem for the government", he said. In the last nine months, the minister said, 84 proposals valued at more than Rs 65,000 crore were received by the government.
He urged the industry to go to far flung areas for setting up units and avail fiscal incentives. The state industry department in collaboration with the Centre would set up a jute research hub in Coochbehar, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the most unusual batting stance in world cricket?