Bengal govt targets generating 16 lakh employment in 2014-15: Mamata
Raidighi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress government`s target for creating 16 lakh employment opportunities in 2014-15.
"Thirteen lakh jobs were created in the past two and half years. And, our target for FY 2014-15 will be to create 16 lakh new employment opportunities," Banerjee said unveiling development programmes.
She alleged despite monetary constraints due to the `discriminatory` policies of the central government, the pace of work of her government was unmatched.
"There is no money ... They are taking away funds for the loans incurred by the previous CPI(M)-led government ... But despite that, it is difficult to keep pace with her government`s work," she said.
"A flurry of development work is going on throughout West Bengal and it will go on, she said claiming that her government was fulfilling all the promises made in the election manifesto of the TMC.
She accused the CPI(M) of promoting chit funds in the state during its rule and claimed that her government was taking firm action against ponzi firms.
"They were the kingpin of allowing the chitfunds to thrive," she said. Without naming Saradha Group Chairman Sudipta Sen, she said "We got him arrested from Kashmir. I have heard that a court has sentenced him."
Banerjee also said "Till I will survive I will go on serving the people. I do not hanker for anything for myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried