Bengal govt targets generating 16 lakh employment in 2014-15: Mamata
Raidighi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress government`s target for creating 16 lakh employment opportunities in 2014-15.
"Thirteen lakh jobs were created in the past two and half years. And, our target for FY 2014-15 will be to create 16 lakh new employment opportunities," Banerjee said unveiling development programmes.
She alleged despite monetary constraints due to the `discriminatory` policies of the central government, the pace of work of her government was unmatched.
"There is no money ... They are taking away funds for the loans incurred by the previous CPI(M)-led government ... But despite that, it is difficult to keep pace with her government`s work," she said.
"A flurry of development work is going on throughout West Bengal and it will go on, she said claiming that her government was fulfilling all the promises made in the election manifesto of the TMC.
She accused the CPI(M) of promoting chit funds in the state during its rule and claimed that her government was taking firm action against ponzi firms.
"They were the kingpin of allowing the chitfunds to thrive," she said. Without naming Saradha Group Chairman Sudipta Sen, she said "We got him arrested from Kashmir. I have heard that a court has sentenced him."
Banerjee also said "Till I will survive I will go on serving the people. I do not hanker for anything for myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty