Bengal govt targets generating 16 lakh employment in 2014-15: Mamata
Raidighi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress government`s target for creating 16 lakh employment opportunities in 2014-15.
"Thirteen lakh jobs were created in the past two and half years. And, our target for FY 2014-15 will be to create 16 lakh new employment opportunities," Banerjee said unveiling development programmes.
She alleged despite monetary constraints due to the `discriminatory` policies of the central government, the pace of work of her government was unmatched.
"There is no money ... They are taking away funds for the loans incurred by the previous CPI(M)-led government ... But despite that, it is difficult to keep pace with her government`s work," she said.
"A flurry of development work is going on throughout West Bengal and it will go on, she said claiming that her government was fulfilling all the promises made in the election manifesto of the TMC.
She accused the CPI(M) of promoting chit funds in the state during its rule and claimed that her government was taking firm action against ponzi firms.
"They were the kingpin of allowing the chitfunds to thrive," she said. Without naming Saradha Group Chairman Sudipta Sen, she said "We got him arrested from Kashmir. I have heard that a court has sentenced him."
Banerjee also said "Till I will survive I will go on serving the people. I do not hanker for anything for myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured