Bengal govt targets generating 16 lakh employment in 2014-15: Mamata
Raidighi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said that the Trinamool Congress government`s target for creating 16 lakh employment opportunities in 2014-15.
"Thirteen lakh jobs were created in the past two and half years. And, our target for FY 2014-15 will be to create 16 lakh new employment opportunities," Banerjee said unveiling development programmes.
She alleged despite monetary constraints due to the `discriminatory` policies of the central government, the pace of work of her government was unmatched.
"There is no money ... They are taking away funds for the loans incurred by the previous CPI(M)-led government ... But despite that, it is difficult to keep pace with her government`s work," she said.
"A flurry of development work is going on throughout West Bengal and it will go on, she said claiming that her government was fulfilling all the promises made in the election manifesto of the TMC.
She accused the CPI(M) of promoting chit funds in the state during its rule and claimed that her government was taking firm action against ponzi firms.
"They were the kingpin of allowing the chitfunds to thrive," she said. Without naming Saradha Group Chairman Sudipta Sen, she said "We got him arrested from Kashmir. I have heard that a court has sentenced him."
Banerjee also said "Till I will survive I will go on serving the people. I do not hanker for anything for myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs