Bengal law and order better than before: Governor
Kolkata: Eighteen days after he had
stated that West Bengal used to be one of the safest places
in the country, the state`s Governor, MK Narayanan, on Monday said law and order in the state was now "better than before".
``Law and order situation in the state is better than
before,`` the Governor said when reporters sought his comment
at a function at Town Hall today.
Narayanan on March 1 had expressed serious concern
over a series of rape incidents including the Park Street car
rape, saying, "Bengal used to be one of the safest places in
the country. A single rape is bad for all of us. The number is
"Rapes are conducted not by outsiders. They are people
from Bengal," the Governor had said on the sidelines of a
programme at the Calcutta University on that day.
As reporters today referred to the arrest of CPI(M)
strongman Lakshman Seth, former MP, and two others by the
CID in the 2007 Nandigram `recapture`, the Governor did not
name anybody, but said that no investigation would move
forward without making any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read