Bengal law and order better than before: Governor
Kolkata: Eighteen days after he had
stated that West Bengal used to be one of the safest places
in the country, the state`s Governor, MK Narayanan, on Monday said law and order in the state was now "better than before".
``Law and order situation in the state is better than
before,`` the Governor said when reporters sought his comment
at a function at Town Hall today.
Narayanan on March 1 had expressed serious concern
over a series of rape incidents including the Park Street car
rape, saying, "Bengal used to be one of the safest places in
the country. A single rape is bad for all of us. The number is
"Rapes are conducted not by outsiders. They are people
from Bengal," the Governor had said on the sidelines of a
programme at the Calcutta University on that day.
As reporters today referred to the arrest of CPI(M)
strongman Lakshman Seth, former MP, and two others by the
CID in the 2007 Nandigram `recapture`, the Governor did not
name anybody, but said that no investigation would move
forward without making any arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested