‘Bengal leaders will get a chance in cabinet’
Malda (WB): Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed monday said that in case of a cabinet reshuffle, party leaders from West Bengal would get adequate representation.
"We want maximum possible representation from West Bengal. I believe that leaders here will get a chance. But the final decision will be that of party supremo Sonia Gandhi," Ahmed, AICC in-charge for West Bengal, told reporters here in Malda district.
Reacting to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s mimicking of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in a TV interview, he said, "age and post should be respected by all".
Allaying fears on the strength of the present UPA government at the Centre after Banerjee withdrew support, he said, "There is no chance of the government felling down. We are in the majority with 307 MPs".
He added that parliamentary elections will not be held before time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'