‘Bengal leaders will get a chance in cabinet’
Malda (WB): Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed monday said that in case of a cabinet reshuffle, party leaders from West Bengal would get adequate representation.
"We want maximum possible representation from West Bengal. I believe that leaders here will get a chance. But the final decision will be that of party supremo Sonia Gandhi," Ahmed, AICC in-charge for West Bengal, told reporters here in Malda district.
Reacting to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s mimicking of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in a TV interview, he said, "age and post should be respected by all".
Allaying fears on the strength of the present UPA government at the Centre after Banerjee withdrew support, he said, "There is no chance of the government felling down. We are in the majority with 307 MPs".
He added that parliamentary elections will not be held before time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city