‘Bengal leaders will get a chance in cabinet’
Malda (WB): Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed monday said that in case of a cabinet reshuffle, party leaders from West Bengal would get adequate representation.
"We want maximum possible representation from West Bengal. I believe that leaders here will get a chance. But the final decision will be that of party supremo Sonia Gandhi," Ahmed, AICC in-charge for West Bengal, told reporters here in Malda district.
Reacting to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s mimicking of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in a TV interview, he said, "age and post should be respected by all".
Allaying fears on the strength of the present UPA government at the Centre after Banerjee withdrew support, he said, "There is no chance of the government felling down. We are in the majority with 307 MPs".
He added that parliamentary elections will not be held before time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France
- Hillary Clinton tops 50 percent support from US voters in latest poll
- Qayyara liberated from IS terrorists: Iraqi PM
- US government seeks ban on swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton exchange angry charges of racism