Bengal man attacked for protesting daughter`s molestation
Kolkata: In another incident of assault for protesting molestation, goons injured a man in West Bengal`s Burdwan district for objecting to the molestation of his daughter.
The incident happened Saturday night in Asansol in the district when some youth passed lewd comments at a Class 7 girl returning home from her coaching class.
When she narrated the incident to her father, he went to confront the molesters but they attacked and severely injured him.
"There were five-six youths who attacked me after I tried to confront them for molesting my daughter. I later lodged a complaint with the police who took me to a hospital for treatment," said the father with several stitches on his forehead.
Asansol North police station officials said they were yet to arrest anyone.
This month, molesters injured four of a family in Kolkata for protesting while a 50-year-old man was killed in South 24-Parganas district`s Joynagar when he complained against some youth who harassed his daughter and passed lewd comments against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone