Bengal minister calls for treating CPI-M members like cobras
Kolkata: A West Bengal minister on Thursday compared the CPI-M to a cobra, asking Trinamool Congress activists to treat Left party`s supporters like snakes sneaking into one`s room.
"What will you do to a snake if it sneaks into your room? You will beat it up. Similar treatment should be meted out to CPI-M if it enters your room. We can`t help if people beat them up," Food Minister and TMC leader Jyotipriya Mullick told a party meeting at Birati in North 24 Parganas district.
Mullick`s provocative comment dittoed the remark made by TMC MP Subhendu Adhikary last month at Khejuri in East Midnapore district, asking party workers to socially boycott CPI-M leaders and treat them like snakes.
Mullick described the CPI-M as "the worst political party, whose leaders have to be smeared with black paint as people have rejected them".
He asked CPI-M leaders not to dare hold party meetings anymore as "people may beat them up and we have nothing to do in the event of that happening. People will not spare them if they commit any excess".
He even went to the extent of naming CPI-M leaders Prakash Karat, Sitaram Yechury and Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee "who should be boycotted by the people".
Mullick also attacked the Congress calling it "a foolish party".
The Trinamool leader advised the CPI-M leadership to change their leaders if they wanted to "survive in politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology