Bengal minister defends Trinamool attacks on state poll panel chief
Kolkata: Defending the verbal attacks by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and other Trinamool Congress leaders on State Election Commissioner Mira Pande, West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee Sunday said it is not always possible to mind one`s language in political speeches.
"When someone lashes out at other person, then at times out of anger, he cannot mind his language and then he uses foul language," Mukherjee told reporters while replying to a set of queries on the continuous verbal attacks against Pande.
"While writing, it is easy for you people not to use filthy language... Even someone like (Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP leader) Narendra Modi cannot mind his language," he said.
The Banerjee government has been engaged in a war of words and letters with the election panel over the scheduling of the dates and deployment of central paramilitary forces.
While her party accused Pande, of "dancing like a puppet" to the tune of the opposition Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), she even went on to say that if the Trinamool government had two-third majority in the state assembly, it would have removed Pande.
Earlier, state Advocate General Bimal Chatterjee had likened the poll panel to a "beautiful woman throwing tantrums", while recently Transport Minister Madan Mitra said he did not find the commission "beautiful" and commented that after the polls it will "have to wear bangles and hide behind a veil".
Mukherjee, however, said he saw nothing wrong in these comments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list