Bengal minister defends Trinamool attacks on state poll panel chief
Kolkata: Defending the verbal attacks by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and other Trinamool Congress leaders on State Election Commissioner Mira Pande, West Bengal Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee Sunday said it is not always possible to mind one`s language in political speeches.
"When someone lashes out at other person, then at times out of anger, he cannot mind his language and then he uses foul language," Mukherjee told reporters while replying to a set of queries on the continuous verbal attacks against Pande.
"While writing, it is easy for you people not to use filthy language... Even someone like (Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP leader) Narendra Modi cannot mind his language," he said.
The Banerjee government has been engaged in a war of words and letters with the election panel over the scheduling of the dates and deployment of central paramilitary forces.
While her party accused Pande, of "dancing like a puppet" to the tune of the opposition Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), she even went on to say that if the Trinamool government had two-third majority in the state assembly, it would have removed Pande.
Earlier, state Advocate General Bimal Chatterjee had likened the poll panel to a "beautiful woman throwing tantrums", while recently Transport Minister Madan Mitra said he did not find the commission "beautiful" and commented that after the polls it will "have to wear bangles and hide behind a veil".
Mukherjee, however, said he saw nothing wrong in these comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city