Bengal minister`s son suffers burns trying to commit suicide
Krishnagar: The son of a minister in the West Bengal government suffered severe burns when he tried to set himself on fire at his residence here early on Sunday.
The police said Sayan Biswas, 22, son of minister for horticulture and food processing Ujjal Biswas, poured petrol on himself and lit a match stick.
His father rushed to save him and burnt his hand in the process, additional SP of Nadia district Arindam Dutta-Chowdhury said.
Sayan was taken to the Krishnagar Shaktinagar District Hospital and later referred to the Apollo Hospital in Kolkata.
The ASP said it was not known what drove Sayan to attempt suicide, though unconfirmed sources said it was family disagreement over his alleged love affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!