Bengal minister`s son suffers burns trying to commit suicide
Krishnagar: The son of a minister in the West Bengal government suffered severe burns when he tried to set himself on fire at his residence here early on Sunday.
The police said Sayan Biswas, 22, son of minister for horticulture and food processing Ujjal Biswas, poured petrol on himself and lit a match stick.
His father rushed to save him and burnt his hand in the process, additional SP of Nadia district Arindam Dutta-Chowdhury said.
Sayan was taken to the Krishnagar Shaktinagar District Hospital and later referred to the Apollo Hospital in Kolkata.
The ASP said it was not known what drove Sayan to attempt suicide, though unconfirmed sources said it was family disagreement over his alleged love affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away