Bengal minister`s son suffers burns trying to commit suicide
Krishnagar: The son of a minister in the West Bengal government suffered severe burns when he tried to set himself on fire at his residence here early on Sunday.
The police said Sayan Biswas, 22, son of minister for horticulture and food processing Ujjal Biswas, poured petrol on himself and lit a match stick.
His father rushed to save him and burnt his hand in the process, additional SP of Nadia district Arindam Dutta-Chowdhury said.
Sayan was taken to the Krishnagar Shaktinagar District Hospital and later referred to the Apollo Hospital in Kolkata.
The ASP said it was not known what drove Sayan to attempt suicide, though unconfirmed sources said it was family disagreement over his alleged love affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday