Bengal `mourns` death of former Governor Viren J Shah
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday condoled the death of former state Governor Viren J Shah, who died of a heart attack in Jordan.
"The government and people of West Bengal mourn the demise of Shri Viren J Shah, a respected parliamentarian and a captain of industry," said a state Information and Culture department note.
Shah, who died in Jordan yesterday while on a holiday, served as Governor of West Bengal from 1999 to 2004, "during which he left his imprint as a lover of arts and a champion of enterprise."
"We (the govt) offer our deepest condolences to the bereaved family in their hour of crisis," the note said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt