Bengal `mourns` death of former Governor Viren J Shah
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday condoled the death of former state Governor Viren J Shah, who died of a heart attack in Jordan.
"The government and people of West Bengal mourn the demise of Shri Viren J Shah, a respected parliamentarian and a captain of industry," said a state Information and Culture department note.
Shah, who died in Jordan yesterday while on a holiday, served as Governor of West Bengal from 1999 to 2004, "during which he left his imprint as a lover of arts and a champion of enterprise."
"We (the govt) offer our deepest condolences to the bereaved family in their hour of crisis," the note said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price