Bengal `mourns` death of former Governor Viren J Shah
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday condoled the death of former state Governor Viren J Shah, who died of a heart attack in Jordan.
"The government and people of West Bengal mourn the demise of Shri Viren J Shah, a respected parliamentarian and a captain of industry," said a state Information and Culture department note.
Shah, who died in Jordan yesterday while on a holiday, served as Governor of West Bengal from 1999 to 2004, "during which he left his imprint as a lover of arts and a champion of enterprise."
"We (the govt) offer our deepest condolences to the bereaved family in their hour of crisis," the note said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch
- Six killed in vehicles' collision in Madhya Pradesh