Bengal police to form STF to tackle Maoists
Kolkata: West Bengal police will form a
Special Task Force (STF) to combat the Maoists in the wake of
increase in the naxal-related incidents in the state, Director
General of Police, Bhupinder Singh, said on Thursday.
The STF would work under Rajiv Kumar, Joint Commissioner
of Police, Singh told reporters here. Kumar is also the STF
chief of the Kolkata Police.
To a question on the FIR lodged by the Railways against
unknown persons on the seven-hour detention of Rajdhani
Express near Jhargram on Tuesday, he said "FIR against
specific person or organisation would have helped the police
He said security was being enhanced in all government
offices and public places including schools, hospitals,
bridges, railway stations and other vital installations.
The railway authority today again held a high-level
meeting with the state government to ensure security in the
wake of the Tuesday`s incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?