Bengal to unveil new industry policy soon: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal will soon unveil its new industrial policy, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee assured industrialists here after a meeting with them at the state secretariat here.
Banerjee recently took charge of the core committee on industries and ushered changes in the policy. She held a meeting with industrialists as well as representatives of various industry lobbies and associations on Wednesday.
The new policy would be put up on the government websites within 15 days, Banerjee told the meeting and called for suggestions.
Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry president Kallol Datta, who was at the meeting, said the chief minister informed the entrepreneurs that the state`s new industry policy would first be made available on websites.
"Banerjee said that the policy would be on the websites within the next 15 days for suggestions from the business community and it would then be finalised before the next core committee meet in July," Datta said.
The next meeting of the core committee on industries is scheduled to be held on July 3.
The government was expected to unfurl the new policy January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi