Bengal to unveil new industry policy soon: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal will soon unveil its new industrial policy, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee assured industrialists here after a meeting with them at the state secretariat here.
Banerjee recently took charge of the core committee on industries and ushered changes in the policy. She held a meeting with industrialists as well as representatives of various industry lobbies and associations on Wednesday.
The new policy would be put up on the government websites within 15 days, Banerjee told the meeting and called for suggestions.
Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry president Kallol Datta, who was at the meeting, said the chief minister informed the entrepreneurs that the state`s new industry policy would first be made available on websites.
"Banerjee said that the policy would be on the websites within the next 15 days for suggestions from the business community and it would then be finalised before the next core committee meet in July," Datta said.
The next meeting of the core committee on industries is scheduled to be held on July 3.
The government was expected to unfurl the new policy January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!