Bengal Trinamool leader gets Z category security
Suri: Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal will be provided with `Z` category security in the wake of the recent killing of political leaders by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
"The high level committee of the state government which categories security measures has recommended this security measure for Mondal," Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said.
The categorisation is done on the basis of intelligence inputs, he said.
Altogether 28 people including senior Congress leaders were killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?
- After Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Laurent Blanc too leaves Paris Saint-Germain: Report