Bengal Trinamool leader gets Z category security
Suri: Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal will be provided with `Z` category security in the wake of the recent killing of political leaders by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
"The high level committee of the state government which categories security measures has recommended this security measure for Mondal," Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said.
The categorisation is done on the basis of intelligence inputs, he said.
Altogether 28 people including senior Congress leaders were killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown