Bengal Trinamool leader gets Z category security
Suri: Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal will be provided with `Z` category security in the wake of the recent killing of political leaders by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
"The high level committee of the state government which categories security measures has recommended this security measure for Mondal," Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said.
The categorisation is done on the basis of intelligence inputs, he said.
Altogether 28 people including senior Congress leaders were killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?