Bengal Trinamool leader gets Z category security
Suri: Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal will be provided with `Z` category security in the wake of the recent killing of political leaders by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, police said on Friday.
"The high level committee of the state government which categories security measures has recommended this security measure for Mondal," Superintendent of Police Murlidhar said.
The categorisation is done on the basis of intelligence inputs, he said.
Altogether 28 people including senior Congress leaders were killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena asks Muslims brothers to join fight against ISIS
- US lifts arms decade-long arms embargo on Vietnam, announces Barack Obama
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Multiple blasts hit two Syrian coastal cities, over 100 killed so far
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad