Bengal`s `largest` factory will be in Singur: Buddha
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Sunday said the state`s `largest` factory would
come up in Singur if the Left Front returns to power in the
comming Assembly elections and dared Trinamool Congress to
"I am telling you, I will set up a factory at Singur
after the formation of the 8th Left Front government. This
will be the largest factory in the state. Let me see if they
(TC) have the courage to resist it," he said at an election
rally in his home constituency Jadavpur here.
Asserting that his government had made no mistake in
initiating industrialisation, Bhattacharjee said the move was
essential in the interests of the state.
Nearly 27 lakh youngsters were studying in various
educational institutions in the state and expected to be
employed. This was possible only through industrialisation, he
Ridiculing Trinamool`s slogan for change during the
polls, he said "Change is not child`s play."
After his grand procession yesterday covering an 8 km
distance from Jadavpur University to Kamalgazi, the chief
minister spent the first half of the day addressing party
workers` rallies and processions in Jadavpur-Santoshpur
In the evening, he is scheduled to hold seven workers`
rallies and `para` (neighbourhood) meetings in his
constituency, CPI(M) sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez