Bengal`s Left Front Jatha to start on March 1
Kolkata: The Eastern region Left Front party `Jatha`, inaugurated by CPI(M) leader Prakash Karat, will begin on March 01 from Kolkata.
This is a part of national `Sangharsh Sandesh Jatha` which will originate across the country and culminate in a huge rally in New Delhi on March 19.
Today, first such jatha will start from Kanyakumari with Left Front chairman Biman Bose stating that the campaign will aim to raise issues of national importance like price hike in food and petro products and farmers death.
He said the sub-Jathas from Odisha and Assam will join the main Jatha that will begin from March 1 morning which will pass through Jharkhand before arriving in the national capital.
There will no use of loudspeakers due to Madhyamik examinations, Bose said.
Bose said in the last four years price of petrol had rose by Rs 30 a litre, Rs 20 for diesel, Rs 6 in Kerosene and Rs 140 in subsidised cooking gas respectively.
He also said farmers’ death in states like Maharastra and Karnataka was high but even in West Bengal after TMC came into power, there had been suicide by 79 farmers in the state.
Meanwhile, Bose said they have able to mobilise about close to 1.30 crore signatures against the government policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!