Bengal`s Left Front Jatha to start on March 1
Kolkata: The Eastern region Left Front party `Jatha`, inaugurated by CPI(M) leader Prakash Karat, will begin on March 01 from Kolkata.
This is a part of national `Sangharsh Sandesh Jatha` which will originate across the country and culminate in a huge rally in New Delhi on March 19.
Today, first such jatha will start from Kanyakumari with Left Front chairman Biman Bose stating that the campaign will aim to raise issues of national importance like price hike in food and petro products and farmers death.
He said the sub-Jathas from Odisha and Assam will join the main Jatha that will begin from March 1 morning which will pass through Jharkhand before arriving in the national capital.
There will no use of loudspeakers due to Madhyamik examinations, Bose said.
Bose said in the last four years price of petrol had rose by Rs 30 a litre, Rs 20 for diesel, Rs 6 in Kerosene and Rs 140 in subsidised cooking gas respectively.
He also said farmers’ death in states like Maharastra and Karnataka was high but even in West Bengal after TMC came into power, there had been suicide by 79 farmers in the state.
Meanwhile, Bose said they have able to mobilise about close to 1.30 crore signatures against the government policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries