Biman Bose tells CPI-M workers not to use `improper language`
Kolkata: Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Biman Bose on Sunday urged party workers not to use "improper language" in speeches in an apparent reference to remarks by former minister Anisur Rahaman against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"Some of our over-enthusiastic comrades and supporters at times go astray in the use of language while giving speeches. They use improper language. Please don`t do it," Bose, West Bengal unit secretary of the CPI-M, said at a rally here.
He also appealed to workers not to indulge in personal attacks.
Rahman kicked up a political storm recently when he made obscene remarks against Banerjee, saying her government was "more interested in offering money to rape victims than in taking steps for their security".
He went on to say: "We have told the chief minister in the assembly that the government will pay money to compensate rape victims. What is your fee? If you are raped, what will be your fee?"
Pulled up by party big-wigs, Rahman tendered an unconditional apology to the "people of the state including the chief minister" -- first by holding a media meet and then while addressing another rally.
However, in the same rally, Rahman let loose another suggestive and indecent barb at Banrerjee.
Hours before Bose`s advice to activists, writer-activist Mahasweta Devi also urged political leaders to stop using expletives about rivals.
"One cannot misuse the language. This is akin to insulting your mother. One should not use such indecent words while talking about political opponents," the octogenarian writer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!