Biman makes unsavoury comment on Cong-TMC ties
Kolkata: CPI(M) politburo member Biman
on Wednesay expressed regret after making an unsavoury comment on
Congress-Trinamool Congress ties.
Bose in a statement said "This was not proper for me
to express my views in such a manner. I express regret for
this, I will be careful in future. It is useless to spread
canards (against me)," Bose, said in the statement.
"It was true I was irritated by repetition of a
question while I was briefing a press conference on the Left
Front. I now feel that I should not have felt irritated. The
words I uttered should not have been used," Bose, the Left
Front chairman, said.
"What should be the relation between Congress and
Trinamool Congress, who will dominate on the other, is purely
their own affair. I only wanted to convey that. But my choice
of words was not appropriate," he said.
WBPCC President Pradip Bhattacharya described Bose`s
comment as unfortunate and aimed at tarnishing the party.
"Biman Bose must withdraw his comment immediately or
we will launch a movement to force him to withdraw it,"
PCC spokesman Abdul Mannan demanded that Bose`s party
should penalise him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged