Biman mocks at Mamata`s claim of Darjeeling smiling
Kolkata: As West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today faced pro-Gorkhaland slogans at a programme at Darjeeling, the Left Front today said the tripartite GTA agreement had actually sowed the seeds of unrest in the hills.
Mocking at Banerjee`s oft-repeated remark "Darjeeling is smiling", Bose said that on various occasions she had made the statement, but today she could realise from her own experience that it was not smiling.
"We had earlier said when the tripartite agreement was signed that though the GJM had agreed to the GTA, their final goal is Gorkhaland. The GTA agreement itself has sowed the seeds of problems," Bose observed.
Banerjee today made it clear that Darjeeling hills would remain part of West Bengal, even as a section of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters raised slogans demanding a separate state during inauguration of the North Bengal Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?