Biman mocks at Mamata`s claim of Darjeeling smiling
Kolkata: As West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today faced pro-Gorkhaland slogans at a programme at Darjeeling, the Left Front today said the tripartite GTA agreement had actually sowed the seeds of unrest in the hills.
Mocking at Banerjee`s oft-repeated remark "Darjeeling is smiling", Bose said that on various occasions she had made the statement, but today she could realise from her own experience that it was not smiling.
"We had earlier said when the tripartite agreement was signed that though the GJM had agreed to the GTA, their final goal is Gorkhaland. The GTA agreement itself has sowed the seeds of problems," Bose observed.
Banerjee today made it clear that Darjeeling hills would remain part of West Bengal, even as a section of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters raised slogans demanding a separate state during inauguration of the North Bengal Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH