Biman mocks at Mamata`s claim of Darjeeling smiling
Kolkata: As West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today faced pro-Gorkhaland slogans at a programme at Darjeeling, the Left Front today said the tripartite GTA agreement had actually sowed the seeds of unrest in the hills.
Mocking at Banerjee`s oft-repeated remark "Darjeeling is smiling", Bose said that on various occasions she had made the statement, but today she could realise from her own experience that it was not smiling.
"We had earlier said when the tripartite agreement was signed that though the GJM had agreed to the GTA, their final goal is Gorkhaland. The GTA agreement itself has sowed the seeds of problems," Bose observed.
Banerjee today made it clear that Darjeeling hills would remain part of West Bengal, even as a section of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters raised slogans demanding a separate state during inauguration of the North Bengal Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16