Biman mocks at Mamata`s claim of Darjeeling smiling
Kolkata: As West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today faced pro-Gorkhaland slogans at a programme at Darjeeling, the Left Front today said the tripartite GTA agreement had actually sowed the seeds of unrest in the hills.
Mocking at Banerjee`s oft-repeated remark "Darjeeling is smiling", Bose said that on various occasions she had made the statement, but today she could realise from her own experience that it was not smiling.
"We had earlier said when the tripartite agreement was signed that though the GJM had agreed to the GTA, their final goal is Gorkhaland. The GTA agreement itself has sowed the seeds of problems," Bose observed.
Banerjee today made it clear that Darjeeling hills would remain part of West Bengal, even as a section of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters raised slogans demanding a separate state during inauguration of the North Bengal Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter