Biman mocks at Mamata`s claim of Darjeeling smiling
Kolkata: As West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today faced pro-Gorkhaland slogans at a programme at Darjeeling, the Left Front today said the tripartite GTA agreement had actually sowed the seeds of unrest in the hills.
Mocking at Banerjee`s oft-repeated remark "Darjeeling is smiling", Bose said that on various occasions she had made the statement, but today she could realise from her own experience that it was not smiling.
"We had earlier said when the tripartite agreement was signed that though the GJM had agreed to the GTA, their final goal is Gorkhaland. The GTA agreement itself has sowed the seeds of problems," Bose observed.
Banerjee today made it clear that Darjeeling hills would remain part of West Bengal, even as a section of Gorkha Janmukti Morcha supporters raised slogans demanding a separate state during inauguration of the North Bengal Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror