Birbhum gang-rape victim discharged from hospital
Suri: The 20-year-old tribal girl, who was gang-raped by 13 men on the orders of a kangaroo court in Birbhum district last week, was discharged from the hospital here on Friday.
She was sent to a government-affiliated home here, official sources said.
The medical team has gone through her various reports and recommended her discharge, Suri hospital sources said.
The victim`s mother and the authorities were consulted after which she was discharged this morning, the sources said.
The girl had appeared before Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Pijush Ghosh, Bolpur, to record her statement under CrPC 164 yesterday.
The 13 people, including the `morol` (community head) Balai Murdy accused of the gang-rape are in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened