Birbhum gang-rape victim discharged from hospital
Suri: The 20-year-old tribal girl, who was gang-raped by 13 men on the orders of a kangaroo court in Birbhum district last week, was discharged from the hospital here on Friday.
She was sent to a government-affiliated home here, official sources said.
The medical team has gone through her various reports and recommended her discharge, Suri hospital sources said.
The victim`s mother and the authorities were consulted after which she was discharged this morning, the sources said.
The girl had appeared before Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Pijush Ghosh, Bolpur, to record her statement under CrPC 164 yesterday.
The 13 people, including the `morol` (community head) Balai Murdy accused of the gang-rape are in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'