Birbhum gang-rape victim discharged from hospital
Suri: The 20-year-old tribal girl, who was gang-raped by 13 men on the orders of a kangaroo court in Birbhum district last week, was discharged from the hospital here on Friday.
She was sent to a government-affiliated home here, official sources said.
The medical team has gone through her various reports and recommended her discharge, Suri hospital sources said.
The victim`s mother and the authorities were consulted after which she was discharged this morning, the sources said.
The girl had appeared before Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Pijush Ghosh, Bolpur, to record her statement under CrPC 164 yesterday.
The 13 people, including the `morol` (community head) Balai Murdy accused of the gang-rape are in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal