BJP delegation meets parents of gang-rape victim
Kolkata: A seven member BJP team, led by former Bihar minister Renu Devi, on Saturday met the parents of the 16-year-old gangrape victim and assured them of all possible help.
"They expressed their sympathy to the family, assured them of all possible help and demanded justice," state BJP secretary Ritesh Tiwari, who was also part of the team, said.
They were told by her parents that the accused had raped the girl twice and they came to know that she was pregnant after her death.
Police has registered a case of murder against the two main accused in the gang-rape. The victim died on December 31 last due to burn injuries after she was allegedly set ablaze. Doctors said she was pregnant at the time of her death.
The victim, the daughter of a taxi driver of Madhyamgram, was gang-raped in October last year and again when she was returning after lodging a police complaint the following day.
Her death sparked outrage in the metropolis with her family alleging that they were threatened by the police to leave the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma