BJP goes on rampage over renaming Aligarh varsity
Baharampur (WB): BJP supporters on Friday injured five policemen by platings stones and exploded bombs, torched two government vehicles and ransacked the office of the BDO at Suti (1) demanding renaming of the upcoming campus of the Aligarh Muslim University in Murshidabad district.
The trouble started when a BJP delegation led by its state unit President Rahul Sinha and the Block Development Officer (BDO) exchanged heated arguments over the demands of renaming the proposed university and immediate stoppage of its construction work which began in the first week of August, SP Humayun Kabir said.
Soon BJP supporters pelted stones and exploded bombs injuring five policemen, set afire two government vehicles and smashed furniture, window panes of the BDO office.
Additional force reached the spot and dispersed the mob. Five persons were arrested, Kabir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?