BJP-JMM electoral alliance in Bengal
Kolkata: The BJP and the Jharkhand Mukti
Morcha have struck an electoral alliance in West Bengal to
face the coming Assembly polls.
The state`s BJP president, Rahul Sinha, today said it was
yet to be decided how many seats the JMM would be given to
contest. ``A decision will be taken shortly,`` he said.
The BJP, which decided to contest all 294 Assembly seats
in alliance with `smaller parties`, mostly in north Bengal,
was continuing talks with the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha,
Progressive People`s Party and Adivasi Vikas Parishad.
JMM state president Paresh Marandi and general secretary
Bittu Murmu were present when Sinha announced the BJP`s poll
alliance with JMM here yesterday.
Sources in the state JD(U), another NDA ally of BJP, said
that the party would favour alliance with Trinamool Congress
and not BJP in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH