BJP-JMM electoral alliance in Bengal
Kolkata: The BJP and the Jharkhand Mukti
Morcha have struck an electoral alliance in West Bengal to
face the coming Assembly polls.
The state`s BJP president, Rahul Sinha, today said it was
yet to be decided how many seats the JMM would be given to
contest. ``A decision will be taken shortly,`` he said.
The BJP, which decided to contest all 294 Assembly seats
in alliance with `smaller parties`, mostly in north Bengal,
was continuing talks with the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha,
Progressive People`s Party and Adivasi Vikas Parishad.
JMM state president Paresh Marandi and general secretary
Bittu Murmu were present when Sinha announced the BJP`s poll
alliance with JMM here yesterday.
Sources in the state JD(U), another NDA ally of BJP, said
that the party would favour alliance with Trinamool Congress
and not BJP in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends