BJP leaders fail to campaign due to LF non-cooperation: Swaraj
Howrah (WB): Three senior BJP leaders had
to abandon their plan of campaigning in West Bengal as the
administration did not not cooperate with the party on the use
of choppers, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj alleged here on Sunday.
"The administration was not cooperating with the party
on the use of helicopter. It led to cancellation of campaign
meetings of three leaders. The Left Front government do not
want campaigning by senior BJP leaders," Swaraj told an
election rally at Raghudebbati in Howrah district.
She, however, did not elaborate on the name of the
three leaders or the nature of the `non-cooperation`.
The Left Front had won seven times in a row in the
state but it did not advance seven steps so far as development
was concerned, Swaraj, a senior BJP leader, said.
Criticising Trinamool Congress chief and Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee, Swaraj said Banerjee would have to
share responsibility of various policies of the UPA government
which led to price rise and other hardships to the common
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security