BJP says WB govt acted in `improper manner`
Kolkata: Days after Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee turned down a FICCI request for her government`s
intervention in securing release of jailed AMRI directors, the
state BJP today complained to the Governor that the state
government had acted in an "improper manner" in the matter.
A delegation of state BJP leaders, including its state
president Rahul Sinha, met Governor M K Narayanan and
submitted a letter which said, "The persons directly
responsible for the fire certainly deserve the strongest
action as per the law but all persons on the Board who were
in no way engaged in day to day administration, should not be
treated on the same scale."
"It is here that we feel the government has acted in an
improper manner," the letter said adding, "It is the law and
not populism that must dictate the behaviour of the government
towards these guilty."
The Chief Minister had recently turned down the request
for her intervention, saying law will take its own course.
The FICCI had put forth its case both on grounds of fair
play and preempting the rise of negative sentiment among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'