BJP, TMC engaged in `shadow war of words`: Left parties
New Delhi: BJP and Trinamool Congress are engaged in a "shadow war of words" to divide the people on religious lines, with the former trying to woo the ruling party in West Bengal to seek its support post-elections, Left parties said Tuesday.
"The BJP and the TMC leaders are engaged in a shadow war of words. The TMC has been promoting communal politics in the state by patronising religious and communal leaders belonging to the minority community to bolster their support base. The BJP is the obverse side of this communal competitive politics," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said.
Veteran CPI leader A B Bardhan said the TMC was not a like-minded party with whom it can do business.
Karat said BJP was seeking "to brand Mamata Banerjee and the TMC as appeasers of the minority community. The BJP is criticising and, at the same time, wooing Mamata Banerjee as seen in the approach and speeches of Narendra Modi and Rajnath Singh."
"The message from its former ally, the BJP, to the TMC is clear: join us after the elections. This is what Narendra Modi means by saying that the people can have a `rosgolla` in both hands," Karat said in an article in the forthcoming issue of party organ `People`s Democracy`.
Therefore, the fight against the BJP and the Hindutva forces and the struggle in West Bengal being waged by the Left and democratic forces are inextricably linked, he said.
"It becomes imperative to defeat the BJP at the national level and to rebuff the venomous anti-Communist reactionary force, TMC, in West Bengal," Karat said.
In the same vein, CPI Central Secretariat said, "As far as the TMC led by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is concerned, she is actually helping the BJP by polarizing the West Bengal voters on communal lines. Her attack on the BJP is a got-up game."
It also termed as "unfounded" certain statements being attributed to different CPI leaders about the future alliances and constituents of the possible non-Congress non-BJP alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview